Saturday, September 22, 2007

How Do You Spell Migraine? W-O-R-K

It is official: I fucking hate self-checkout.

Once upon a time, it wasn't so bad. Sure there was the occasional glitch and the much more common idiot, but it was actually pretty pleasant. Hell, I didn't mind spending a day on there; it was quite relaxing.

Until two days ago.

Some management jackass decided we needed to re-install the scales beneath the bagging area. Those scales were removed several months ago because they sucked and caused more problems than they were worth.

Today was the first full day I've spent on the "new" self-checkouts. I wanted to rip my hair out and scream. If the item isn't the "proper" weight, the machine freezes. If the customer doesn't put the item in the bag fast enough, the machine freezes. If the a customer chooses "Skip Bagging" and puts the item in a bag, the machine freezes. If the customer slams the item in the bag, the machine freezes. If someone places a wallet in the bagging area, the machine freezes. If you look at the fucking self-checkout cross-eyed, the machine fucking freezes. The customers hate it, the associates hate it and I'm damn tempted to take a fucking sledgehammer to each and every one of those goddamned glitchy-ass machines.

Modern convenience my ass.

No comments: