Saturday, September 03, 2011

COMMUNICATIONS INTERRUPT: 'WE' ARE TOO BUSY

Hard to say if you heard of the ridiculous storm that crossed Wisconsin yesterday morning. If it was mentioned nationally, I sure didn't have a lot of opportunity to hear about it.

Damn system was on a tear at 75 MPH and was blowing winds at a fair clip higher than that. As you might imagine, some trees don't take to well to such windspeeds. Powerline poles...well, duh, same thing.

Wingthing and I have no power at our house, and it's been that way for over twenty-four hours, now. WE Energies, which serves a large portion of the Fox Cities (too large, if you ask me, and I don't care that you didn't), has, I suppose, their hands full trying to restore power to everyone that lost it. Doesn't make seeing houses on the other side of the street with power at night any less an irritation, unfortunately. Unfair, I know.

The humidity was already making staying in the house a fairly miserable experience by itself by the time I returned home from work yesterday. No light but candlelight in the waning hours of the day just added to it. We both finally uttered 'screw this' and went to a fine Fox Cities establishment...well, an Applebee's...to have a light dinner and watch the Brewers game (8-2 over the Astros, yay).

Back home...still no power. This morning...still no power. And all the fallen branches are still in the backyard and on the roof (though no, I wasn't expecting them to magically disappear. Didn't have that thought at all, but now that I have, BOY IT SURE WOULDA BEEN NICE DONTCHA THINK I SURE DO).

Local library internet access results in the finely crafted blogpost you see before you onscreen. Bask in its glory, 'cus WHO KNOWS WHEN IT'LL HAPPEN AGAIN.

+++PRIME OUT+++FINALLY REACHED MY TIPPING POINT, I HATE HEAT AND NOW *RAIN*+++WHERE IS THE DAMN SNOW+++

EDIT, 1223: IIIII HAVE THE POWWWWWERRRR (and, ostensibly, so do others up the street)

3 comments:

We Energies said...

Hi, I'm from We Energies. The damage to trees and power lines was massive, as you noted. We have crews working as quickly and safely as possible. Your neighbors across the street are on another feeder. Be sure you call us to report your outage. 800 662-4797. And stay away from the debris if there are power lines down. They may be energized. Stay safe. Thanks for your patience.

Prime said...

...am I the only one who finds it WEIRD AS HELL that WE Energies has somebody or -bodies trolling the bleeding internet and essentially EGOSURFING for commentary/thoughts/smashes/bashes/trashes?

By Primus, that doesn't really seem, at least to me, like a productive use of time.

For the record, I'm well aware that restoration of power can seem to play hopscotch with neighborhoods like a tornado turning a ranch-style into shredded wheat while leaving the double-wide next door untouched. My commentary on the subject was little more than a great, heaving sigh of 'DANG'. Y'all have crews working unwanted and crap hours to get power restored service-areawide, and I'm not besmirching them in the least.

(TL;DR GOOD JOB PLEASE CONTINUE TO ENJOY MY MONEY BECAUSE I SURE DO ENJOY USING YOUR KILOWATTHOURS)

...sweet Primus, if that's what I turn out via keystroke on an approximately-three-hour-total garnering of sleep, either I need more shuteye real real bad bad or I should pretend that I have an electroencephalogram in the morning, keep awake through the night, type in the AM, and win a Pulitzer, whose physical representation will look LURVLEY next to my Pinewood Derby Best Design and youth & Babe Ruth league baseball trophies...

Scratch (who is too lazy to "sign in" said...

You never know, maybe the electric company is "following" your blog... Kind of an odd thing, true...but...

Glad you guys didn't float away like half of Vermont did. ;) We had just enough rain to make it interesting (but not a deluge like in the mountains), and just enough wind to make a nice breeze (but no tornadoes like Charlotte). Is it wrong I was disappointed we didn't get more? (probably).

Yeah, I gotta get out more.