Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh, Yay.

So I found out what I'm working during "The Event", AKA Black Friday.

I'm doing a 6:45 to 4 PM shift. That is completely not what I had signed up for; I asked for something a bit later in the day. (Me and getting up early don't really get along. Well, unless I'm doing something important, like attending BotCon or checking a GTS trade. But I digress.)

I am going to be a zombie this Friday. Wonderful, I can barely wait.

But on the bright side, I can watch Thundercats that night. If it airs, that is.

--Weasel, not feeling the Christmas spirit at all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better to go in early than to have to leave late...the latter makes me feel trapped while the outside world passes me by...

~daiAtlas

Kraneia said...

What, like this surprises you? They always find a way to screw you over, one way or another.... Still, I haveta agree, it's better to go in in the morning and get it over with. Time will fly by.... You'll be leaving the hung-over customers (who are just now getting out of bed)for your wonderful coworkers. It's win-win :)

Hey, at least you don't have to be there at like midnight (which is what Target is doing, I think?? Or 10 PM Thanksgiving?)

Good luck.... ;)
Scratch

Anonymous said...

Just one of the reasons I know me & re-hell...I mean, retail, don't mix.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! :)

~daiAtlas

Kraneia said...

BTW, I don't know how far you are from Indiana, but there's a 'con called "Slagacon" you might be interested in. October-ish, next year.

http://www.slagacon.com/?p=506

Thought you'd might maybe interested, if you hadn't heard of it.

Scratch

Prime said...

We have...actually, I coulda sworn WingTacker (runnin' outta W names) mentioned it in one of her previous blogposts...

...anyway, we had contemplated going this year and last, but the ducks just wouldn't line up for either time. It's an option we may look at a little harder for 2012, considering we'll be missing DairyCon, bar a date change.

But yeah, we've done Indiana before. Coupla post-1998 BotCons have been in Fort Wayne, and I drove both times.