Saturday, April 28, 2012

The BotCon 2012 Update Part 2

So here we are again, with a second day of action at BotCon 2012!

Okay, we got up at 7:30 or so, got dressed and ready and were out the hotel by 9:20. After fueling up, we got to the Hyatt and hit the MSTF panel. Although we were only able to catch the end of the panel, it was still pretty fun. Afterwards, we stayed for the Transformers Filmfest, which had some pretty good entries. We all voted and in the end, the winning entry was one called "Starting Them Young". It was super-cute, trust me. After that, I decided to go ahead and head to the Autograph line. Prime thought I was slightly cracked, but I thought it was a good idea.

Turned out I was right. The line for the Autograph session was combined with the line for the private Dealer Room experience. By the time I got there, it was pretty blasted long. But I hung out, DA dropped by bearing Starbucks (Mocha Frappuccino!) and we chatted while watching bits and pieces of Transformers: Dark of the Moon on his iPad. Prime caught up to us and the fun began a little bit later: the doors to the Dealer Room were opened!

Prime completed our door prize forms and I went directly to the Autograph line. It wasn't a long wait and I got two comics signed by Simon Furman. I didn't get Garry Chalk or David Kaye's autographs yet, but there's still time. Afterwards, I wandered the Dealer room and spotted a table were none other than Dan Gilvezan was seated; he was selling signed copies of his book Bumblebee and Me. Did I buy one? You bet! Did I chat with him? Better believe it! Did I giggle like a crazed fan girl? Well, it's me. Of course I did! XD

After that, I walked around the Dealer room with Prime and we bought little plastic robots and other awesome things. So much fun it hurt. But at five o'clock, the Dealer room closed so Prime, DA, Stogie and I headed out, met up with Shawn and spent the rest of the evening hanging out until we broke it up around 10.

It's been fun. A lot of fun. And this is why I come to the convention every year--it's not about the toys, it's about the people. Seeing my friends and hanging out with them makes it worth it.

Don't expect an update tomorrow night. We have a truly long day ahead and I probably won't be getting back here until about 1 or so in the morning. There will be an update on Sunday, though.

Until then, this has been

--Weasel, signing off for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another day another Botcon. Really enjoyed that fan video with Ravage and his, "Why, Michael Bay, why?!" comment. So hilarious.

It was good I got us those Starbucks frappucinos as the caffeine is an important component at any convention.

It was also great watching TF movie3 on my iPad with another Transfan, as we add our own commentary while others around us watch. It felt like being part of the mainstream zeitgeist of the modern era (2012). A great way to pass the time waiting on "The Line" ride ;)

It was also cool hanging out with the SD team, Stogie, Shawn T. and Jeremiah. I'm glad he gave me that chartreuse headband like SG Soundwave...a great fashion accessory. ;) Really enjoyed the dinner and drinks at Monduel's :)

~daiAtlas

Prime said...

Did you just effin' use 'zeitgeist' in a sentence? The hell?

:D

Weasel said...

Poor Ravage! At least he blamed the proper party! (There are quite a few who hold that against Bumblebee.)

And yeah, you rock for the caffeine! It was sorely needed by that point. At least the Line Ride was fun.

I really wish I could get back to Monduel's. That queso was freaking awesome. They had great burgers, too. Of course, when you starve yourself for a couple of days... XD

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did use zeitgeist. Also used in the title to the my BC '10 slideshow.

The Line Ride is always fun, specially when it moves forward into the dealer room. It all goes downhill from there.;)

~daiAtlas