Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dog Days

Current song stuck in my head: Ue O Muite Aruko (Sukiyaki) by Kyu Sakamoto

It isn't truly summer yet, but it feels like it around here. Prime can't stand it--he's not too fond of heat--but I like it okay.

It's not the heat that's bothering me. It's my job, but what else is new?

Because of the heat everyone is cranky, so I've dealt with cranky customers, cranky co-workers and cranky members of management. Everyone is snapping at everyone else and it's frankly driving me crazy. Fighting the last of this blasted summer cold hasn't helped, either; I'm fine except for the dry cough which won't go away. And it always pops up at the absolute worst moments.

Making matters worse? I have to wait until next year's BotCon for any real relief from this. That's the one thing that bugs me when it's held early: I'm stuck in the doldrums, so to speak. I've already been and gone. It'll be at least a year until I see everyone again and frankly, that's pretty depressing.

For once, I'm looking forward to fall. I'll be a bit closer to next year's convention and maybe Black 2 will keep me occupied.

--Weasel "It'll free up some space in my PC at least. 108 shiny Golett/Golurk rescues can be a bit taxing on space...!"

No comments: