Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Snow (and Shit) Storm of the Century

We actually got a damn snowstorm here in Wisconsin. It was so bad today that people were being excused from work. I bit and lit out early. I really don't want to even be in that damned building anymore. With good reason.

Don't know if you guys remember, but I got a "D" or Decision-Making day back in May. Now, this isn't a huge deal when you get right down to it; a lot of associates have gotten D days before. Hells, one of the cart pushers has had three of them. He admitted as much. And laughed about it. Now a D day is supposed to drop off your record within the span of six months. After that six month period, you are supposed to go back to the original disciplinary chain: a verbal warning, a written warning, a D day and ultimately, termination.

Not so in my case, apparently.

Early last week the head of head cashiers, "S", threatened me. With termination. For a bullshit reason. (She said I was reading at the front lanes. Bullshit. Rearranging magazines and tabloids is not I repeat, not reading them.)

Now remember, she really cannot do this. It's been over six months. The D day has dropped off my record; everything has completely reset. If I were to get in trouble legitimately, I'd get a verbal warning, not termination.

It's pretty damned apparent that S just wants to get the hell rid of me. She's looking for some sort of b.s. reason to try and shove me out the door.

I say, "Good luck."

After 12 days, I am either going to transfer the fuck out of that hellhole (and into a newer, but closer, hellhole) or pound the pavement and get a new job. And I can't wait to see the look on S's face when I finally tell her that I quit or I'm transferring. I'm pretty sure she'll launch into one of those "We really don't want to lose you" speeches; I'll have to fight the urge to laugh in her face.

Pray that I succeed in repressing said urge.

--Weasel, "Mmmmm, new house smell! Better than new car smell!"

1 comment:

The Culture Ghost said...

Greetings and blessings on you and the new house! It is vital to have a sanctuary of your own.

Do you really work for That Which Cannot Be Named?

You are a brave young woman.

Love your comments over at my place.