Thursday, May 22, 2008

What the Hell have I gotten Myself Into?!

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants"-- as seen on a bumper sticker
Let me go ahead and set the record straight: every time I've tried to grow anything, it dies. Every single time. It's as if they take one look at me, fold their leaves over and say, "Fuck it. I refuse to live for you."
Well, three weeks ago Prime was jonesing for pasta. So to perk up the sauce, I put in a little bit of fresh garlic. One of the cloves had a sprout. For shits and giggles, I put the thing in pot and watered it. "Okay, you little bastard," I thought. "If you wanna live, live. You die on me, no biggie."
As of this moment, that little sprout has at least quadrupled in length. The little fucker is thriving, to the point where I'm going to have to re-pot it.
Just what in the hell have I gotten myself into? I have no clue how to take care of a garlic plant! What the hell was I thinking?!
The next few weeks are going to be interesting, to say the least.
--Weasel, "I do not fucking believe this. Now what the hell do I do?!"

No comments: