Tuesday, September 16, 2008

And Today in "Not Giving a Shit"....

On Sunday, Prime had to go in for a little bit of overtime. Me, I had to work. So Prime dropped by my store to say 'hi'.

So much for that idea. One of the heads, Mary said I couldn't ring up his order since I "knew" him. Prime was pissed (and that is putting ti very mildly) and so was I. But it gets better.

The next day I'm working on an express lane and someone found a prescription left in a cart. They brought it up to me, so I called a head. Mary, the same moron from the day before came up and said that I was supposed to hold on to it. About three seconds later, the customer who left it behind came back in and claimed it. But I was extremely pissed. Here's why:

Prescriptions are supposed to be taken back to the pharmacy immediately because they can be stolen. And guess who would have gotten in trouble if that prescription had been stolen? None other than yours truly. I have half a mind to turn her in to management for that bit of stupidity, but I doubt it would do any damned good.


Whoever said that the cream rises to the top forgot that crap floats, too. June cannot come soon enough.

--Weasel, "So... tired.... of the bullshit!"

2 comments:

The Culture Ghost said...

The biggest trick of all is to fool everyone around you into thinking you care. Looking busy...coming up with complicated schemes...writing proposals....all enhance the image of caring. By appearing to care, your co-workers will leave you alone and you can then go about wasting the company's time and money and helping further sink the American economy.

Slacking is not just a way of life, but a subversive activity.

Weasel said...

That's why I loooove selfchecks. It makes me look busy, I don't have to have to interact as much with the stupid herd, and to be perfectly honest, those machines are BRIGHTER than a good portion of management.