Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's All Downhill From Here

It's only October and I'm about to burn out. We haven't even hit the "real" Ca$hma$ shopping season and I'm about ready to rip my hair out.

Work is going straight to hell. And there is nothing I can do to stop it.

For the past several days I haven't been anywhere near the self checks; all but one of the heads have been going out of their way to make damn sure I don't get sent to either one. Instead, they're sending people who hate being on self checks over there and it's pissing everyone off. I've had other cashiers asking me why I'm not over there: I just say that I haven't a clue.

We're short a head and a cashier, so the front end is in a total disarray, there are fucking spies who are reporting people to management on bullshit charges, the latest schedules are total messes, it's a fucking nightmare.

And there is nothing that can be done about it. The company knows that the job market is extremely tight right now, so they can abuse us and we won't do or say anything.

I don't know how much longer I can deal with this. I'm close to the breaking point as it is.

--Weasel, trying to make it to BotCon....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaah, that most wonderful time of year again. I personally can't wait for the cold weather, heat is evil!:)

Any word on where BC '10 might be held? It's all a countdown from that point on!:)
~daiAtlas

Weasel said...

Me, I've heard nothing so far. It's really frustratrating. (Maybe we'll get lucky and get an announcement on Xmas eve. Best gift ever!) But I really need something to look forward to right now; because if the job gets worse I'm gonna go nuts.