Saturday, January 16, 2010

Birthday Bot

OR:
The Problems of the Far Flung Future of 2007 Can Be Solved by the Ancient Technology of the Year 2007


Transformers may not be as smart as we'd all like to think. There's even a G1 episode that illustrates this fact--Daniel wants to throw Ultra Magnus a surprise "creation day" party, yet no one knows exactly when he came on line. Hell, even Magnus himself didn't know!

Leave it to human ingenuity to solve such a thorny problem.

Several days ago, I was crashed out in bed, snuggling with my much loved Slumblebee. (How loved is this little stuffed robot? A lot. He's been to two BotCons and will probably hop aboard a plane with me to head to Orlando in June. I'm also thinking of taking him to Dairycon this year. Stop snickering... I know I'm pathetic.) I had to get up and go to work, but I really didn't want to move. As Prime tried to kick my lazy skidplate out of bed, he noticed something on my Slumblebee's tush tag. Apparently, the tag had a date code stamp on it which Prime deciphered for the hell of it.

It would seem my much loved little bot's "spark day" is January 16, 2007. So today, he turns three, if you will. (Think I should get him a cake?)

All this makes me wonder: Why in the hell didn't Cybertron have date code stampings on all its residents? The whole damn debacle of Daniel and Wheelie stealing a ship and getting kidnapped by Cyclonus could have been prevented if someone could have looked at Ultra Magnus's ass and said, "It says here October 23. I didn't know you were a Scorpio."

--Weasel, "It's food for thought."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1.) Aaaaahhhh.... and
2.) ROTFLMAO! :)

~daiAtlas