Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Your (Semi) Annual Random Thoughts

Just for shits and giggles, it's that time again!

* Whoever is scheduling the breaks at my store must be stupid. I wish I were joking. We've had more and more instances of people being sent late because there is no one to cover for them. We're supposed to have four head cashiers to help take care of this crap, but I think that all they are doing is getting in each other's way. Or socializing. Your choice.

* People are still bringing their cell phones and portable gaming systems on the sales floor. Looks like everyone is ignoring that wonderful little rule. I figured as much.

* Since Ca$hma$ is now officially over, we're trying to clear out our holiday crap at my store. Normally, I don't do the 'buy it cause it's cheap' thing, but I found myself suckered into spending this year. I grabbed a few discounted stickers (Shut it, Prime!) and bought as much of the ROTF gift stuff as possible. I now have Bumblebee gift tags coming out of my ears. I couldn't be happier.

* This past Saturday, BBC America aired the second part of Doctor Who: The End of Time. I watched. I bawled like a baby. 'Nuff said. [/lie] Mister Tennant, we didn't want you to go, either. You will always be 'my' Doctor.

* I have gathered all my convention clothes together and later today, the packing will begin. Woo hoo.

* I've had a particular piece of music stuck in my head for the last few days. It's been driving me a bit crazy, even though the music is rather soothing.

* We're getting a Leader class Bumblebee. Fear it. FEAR IT!

That's all until next time. Tune in next time for even more boring crap!

This has been--

--Weasel, getting set to pack her bags.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boring? Surely you jest! It was entertaining:)
~daiAtlas

Methusalen said...

I caught the Doctor Who episode online before it aired on BBC:America... I have to say it was a DRAMATIC improvement over Part 1, and even though we *knew* it was coming, I was caught off guard when I heard the 4 knocks... I was *NOT* expecting it to play out like that!!!

I will admit that I teared up during the Tenth Doctor's 'reward', and could barely see through watery eyes when he said "I don't want to go!"...

Here's to hoping for a multi-Doctor special (ala "The Five Doctors"), or the return of the Meta-Crisis Doctor... Even if it's just a cameo/one episode arc!

-I saw the Bumblebee and thought it looked pretty cool, although I wish they'd give him both hands!

See you around!
-Methusalen