Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Are You Fucking Shitting Me?!

Really, Shakesville? This is what gets your fucking knickers in a twist? You're serious about this?

Grip: Get one. Seriously. And the "concern trolls" are absolutely right. But you won't read any of their words on the blog page; you have to hit DISQUS to read everything. Gotta love censorship.


janestclair84 · 1 day ago
Oh, for Chrissake.

The man was making a hokey joke about his pre-teen daughters squeeing over a band of pop stars, coincidentally a band that creates an uncomfortable dichotomy between their squeaky clean promise ring image and the none-too-subtle sexualization of their act and persona (foam cannons, really?) If anything, it's you are insisting on essentializing them as pawns of sexual politics, rather than the human father and daughters they in fact are.

I read here occasionally for a "wow, I never thought of that" sense of awareness about race and gender in society, but really- not everything is a battlefront on which your oh so enlightened worldview is assaulted. Get off the high horse, and get a grip on your ego and sense of self-righteousness.


Lot of truth in that statement. So much so that Liss couldn't handle it.

That's it. I'm done. I'm turning in my feminist card. I refuse to get tied up with that sort of bullshit anymore. I've got better ways to waste my time.

--Weasel, "I'm leaning more towards being a humanist anyways..."

2 comments:

Kraneia said...

Unfortunately, that's one of the risks you take when you "join" something like this. There's going to be the good and right....and then you have the wingnuts who think EVERYONE is against them.

Moderates in moderation, is what I like to say.

Scratch

Weasel said...

What's really gotten bad is how frickin' paranoid they've gotten over there.

Three years ago the place was entirely different: it was actually light, loose and a lot of fun. Now you can't say "lame" without getting shit on by the mods. And heaven help you if you have a penis or you dare suggest women should take any precautions while out for a walk or you are pro-rape.

The place is a train wreck now. I know I shouldn't watch, but I can't look away.