Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pain Redefined

(Click the title bar if you don't get the song ref.)
The last few days have not been great.

Well, last Friday didn't suck, Prime and I headed to the local movie theatre and caught Iron Man 2. It was awesome. Shit blew up. Tony Stark is the freaking man. And I think I'm slightly crushing on Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD. I want to see it again. But life went straight to hell not long after that.

On Saturday that blasted problem with my left foot, that stupid damned tendon started acting up again. I was limping through most of my day at work. A couple of times while I was standing at the front lanes I wanted to simply start crying, the pain was getting that bad. (And here I thought I was getting better! Shows what the hell I know...) So I had to start sucking down the ibuprofen again to keep the pain at bay. Then came Sunday.

Sunday was just as bad if not worse. The pain came back with a vengeance. I was hobbling around again. Even worse, one of the heads had a stick up her ass and proceeded to ride every one's ass about it. (The reason? She got busted for not doing her damn job, so she took it out on all of us.) I won't name names (though you have no idea how damned tempted I am) but suffice to say she was being a royal bitch to damn near everyone. In my case, it's pretty much standard operating procedure; for whatever reason this chick does not like me at all. She's constantly on my ass about stupid bullshit.

But I noticed something that day: the pain in my foot got worse every time she was around me. It was the exact same story on Monday. The moment she opened her mouth to bitch me out, the tendon in my left foot started acting up.

When she left for the day, or I had a few minutes to write, there was no pain. None.

As of right now, I'm in no pain. My tendon is fine for the moment. And I'm about to hit 80,000 words on my magnum opus. But I have to head back to work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that about as much as I'd look forward to a root canal.

I really hope I can sell a couple of books. I'd love to give those turds my two weeks notice. Or better yet, not show the hell up for a week. Nothing would make me happier.

--Weasel, "A girl can dream..."

1 comment:

Kraneia said...

Having a painful foot can be good to some extent:

"honey, will you rub my feet?"

ROFLMAO

Sorry, couldn't resist. I don't think it's a coincidence that the pain in your foot is caused by the pain in the ass! (ROFL again)

I'm getting the feeling this person "gets off" on making other people unhappy. Here's what you do: when she starts to bitch at you, hold up a hand. "Hold that thought," you tell her. Then *walk away* if you can. Later, when she asks about it, tell her "Oh? I forgot what we were talking about. Enlighten me. Wait. Hold that thought...." and do it again. I guarantee the look on her face will be PRICELESS. Sometimes ya gotta be sneaky.

You'll have to let us know when your book hits stores. And don't forget the small people! Heh heh.

W00t!