Sunday, September 26, 2010

COMMUNICATIONS INTERRUPT: So Much for the Screaming II: The Next Day

Hi, Prime here. You can tell because I use Eurostile for everything. Unless you can't because you don't have it, in which case, sux2bU. :p

Weasel's at work, slavin' away for the megacorporate. I, on the other hand, am at home watching the final Brewers home game of the season--and they're puttin' on a helluva show. Kinda wish I had risked her wrath to drive down to Miller Park on my own. It's only the bottom of the fourth inning, and so far,
Ryan Braun has knocked two two-run home runs in, Lorenzo Cain has put bat to his first career home run, and Prince Fielder landed one in the Blue Bunny section in right field, at which point (bottom of the third) Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez decided that he'd seen enough of Adalberto Mendez on the mound for the day. Ha. 7-1 Milwaukee.

Weasel is going to be simultaneously so pissed and so pleased when she finds out, considering having witnessed the Marlins' 16th shutout this season just yesterday evening. Her combination facial expressions are just priceless, lemme tell ya. You wouldn't think facial muscles could move that way, but yeegh.

She's asking, nay, demanding that I net tickets for
Brewers On Deck in January and the home opener in April. (Former would be easy enough, but the latter requires miraculous abilities I simply do not possess.) I ask you, what have I wrought upon the world? Y'know, when I became a fan in 1987, marrying a girl who'd go complete bonzo for the Brewers wasn't really marked as a point-of-interest on my mental map...

Enhh. And I have to agree wholeheartedly with Weasel's comment about the
swirling trade rumors surrounding Fielder. I had hoped that with Bud Selig finally out of the picture that the era of getting a good-to-great-to-star player only to trade him away for yet more (sneer) future prospects was over. But GM Doug Melvin is still here, so that's yet a danger. Hopefully principal owner Mark Attanasio will continue to be more willing to open the wallet than anyone in the Selig family ever was.

--Prime, "No, this has not nor is likely to become a sports blog. Put your bats away."

(HA SEE WHAT I DID THERE)


EDIT 1550, top of the 9th: And to top it all off, now it's Trevor Time at Miller Park. Yeah. There'll be screaming, all right.

4 comments:

Kraneia said...

I'll be honest wid chew. I don't do sports. I used to watch NASCAR for the wrecks until they got pissy and decided to safety-ify everything (Is that a word?).

Back when I knew the Weese, her Bumblebees used to vie for attention past all the unicorn stuff. But I still collect raccoons, so who'm I kidding?

I'm surprised you even HAVE baseball with all the flooding going on (But I am totally ignorant about what is where in Wisconsin.) I'm glad you guys haven't floated away (yet)

I've had a weird week. One of our instructors', his wife died suddenly Tuesday and I didn't really know how to help. But more on that later.

Yea Verily,
Scratch

Weasel said...

Home now. The flooding, this latest time around, was more in the southern/western portions of the state. Nasty around here in 'Northeast' (really east central), but no flooded intersections nearby like last time.

Yeah, I wouldn't know what to do in such a situation, either. Except trying not to freeze up. Sorry to hear about that. Sucks.

And yeah, I still get the occasional unicorn. :-p The Bumblebees far, far outnumber anything and everything else, now, though.

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I can only view Eurostile on Firefox but not on IE :)

~daiAtlas

Weasel said...

DA, it's because IE is freaking evil. Trust me on that; I should know. I've lost count of how many times I've had to scream at IE. It lives up to its abbreviation.