Saturday, October 23, 2010

What a Contrast...

So evidently, getting my fix can and does include watching the postseason, no matter who's playing--just watched the Phillies/Giants NLCS game 6. Giants won. I don't think I've heard a quieter stadium. I mean, damn, you could hear a frigging pin drop. Not like the Rangers/Yankees game. When the Rangers won ALCS game 6, the entire stadium erupted into thunderous cheering. The Rangers were at home, so it's no mystery why the difference exists, but still...

Now the Phils fans are booing. Go home and cry, ya chumps. I'm sick of ya. I still ain't forgivin' yer asses for 2008, ya bastards.

--Weasel, "Brewers shoulda been in the Series in '08, not you, ya cheesesteak-suckin' crapsacks!"

2 comments:

Kraneia said...

Cheesesteak-suckin' crapsacks.

Now that's a new one. Seriously though, it's normal to boo when your team loses. It's called being a sore loser and everyone suffers from it from time to time. Even me.

Tried watching a NASCAR race last weekend on the TV, first time in I don't know when...got bored after about an hour or so, most of the caution flags were about the trash that had somehow got on the track.

But what do you expect from 10,000 drunk idiots who all think they're Dale Earnhardt™?

Sometimes I just don't get sports at all.

Weasel said...

What bugs the hell out of me is the Phils fans really shouldn't be complaining about this at all.

They've won two pennants and took the Series in '08. They've actually won. That's the bitch of the thing. They've been to the Series and won. If they had never gone beyond the postseason I'd actually understand the disappointment but DAMN! You've been there before, guys. You were champions. You've done what other teams couldn't. Stop complaining already! :slams head into wall:

And I feel the same damn way about the freaking Yankees. I'm glad those pinstripe wearing twits are out. Sick of seeing them in the postseason damn near every year.

I actually want to watch the World Series this time around. It sounds like it'll be a helluva match up. The two underdogs battling it out to see who's the best... Sounds pretty epic.