Tuesday, March 22, 2011

COMMUNICATIONS INTERRUPT: WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY

Shockingly enough, I got sick of seeing that three-word phrase over the course of the past four or five months. Don't get me wrong--I LIKE winter. Favorite season of the four. I LIKE it cold. It's more a case of being hype-sick...like the whole idiotic situation with Drift, except that in the case of the winter weather, the derision is deserved. Derision, here, is directed toward the ones blathering endlessly and needlessly about it. Granted, this is Wisconsin--blizzards in May are NOT an impossibility, not at all. But it lately seems that the overly made-up newsreaders and two-finger typing reporters are taking it to an extreme one would nominally expect in, shall we say, more southern states. (/unsubtle yet playful jab) Residents in those regions can be somewhat forgiven for a 'flake freakout, raiding grocery stores for every last gallon of milk and driving in a couple centimeters of slush like crazed carjackers--they don't know any better, as snow is such a relative rarity. Up here, there's no bloody excuse, yet the same seems to be happening--with frightening frequency, no less. (Certainly, they tend to drive like dumbasses during more temperate times, but in years past, people had responded to news of six-to-eight inches impending with an apathetic 'eh'.)

...

(Going back and reading the previous paragraph...sweet Primus, I think I've got to STOP reading Stan Lee's tweets. Maybe I got hit upside the head by a No-Prize or something. Tiptoeing its way into my typing, the alliteration is absolutely aggrav... ... ...AAGGHHK WHAT THE SLAG STOP IT NOW) o.O

...whatever, I'm not changing it. The point at which I was trying to arrive before derailing myself was that the overhype reaaaalllly needs stoppin'. As a rule, we Wisconsinites know to have our damn bags of salt, our shovels and snowblowers at hand, ready for use, so it'd be well appreciated to tone it the hell down when reporting the impending snowstorms. I'd like 'em to quit taking up so much newstime on 'em, or I'm gonna change the channel and watch an episode of the latest Power Rangers series or somethin', just to screw up their Nielsens...and I don't particularly care for Power Rangers.

Hm. Speaking of 'ready for use', I wonder if I'd better go buy a gallon-plus of that $3.499 gasoline for the ol' blower...then again, what's been falling is the kind of stuff that could choke damn near any unit. Looks like one of those Snoopy Sno-Cone Machines threw up all over the, uh, everywhere--

+++PRIME OUT+++

3 comments:

Kraneia said...

The reason they go crazy up there when it snows, is because there are too many people now, who've come up from the south, who, I freely admit, DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IN THIS CRAP.

You know why they're migrating to the great white north don't you?

.........Cause you "yahnkees" are all coming down HERE and APPARENTLY YOU *FORGET* HOW TO DRIVE IN THIS CRAP!! lol

Scratch (who has a licence tag that reads, "save the south. teach a yankee to drive."

Yee haw,
Scratch

Prime said...

OH DARNS I THOUGHT I TOOK ONE FOR THE TEAM TO STOP THAT WHAT THE HELL DOOD

...and I would never forget how to drive in this slag. Once on Hwy 24 in Kansas, once on Hwy 116 down by Winneconne here in-state--I got all my ditch-visiting done before I turned 19.

Don't get me started on horrible drivers, hey--that'll take up enough typing to make a post out of it on its own.

Kraneia said...

LOL you know how to drive in it, but you also haven't left the area so you get plenty of practice. ;)

I freely admit, I can't drive. I get downright IRRITABLE when someone tailgates. I slow down to 25 MPH and you can damn well go around me. ;)