Tuesday, December 06, 2011

COMMUNICATIONS INTERRUPT: TOO MANY DOG TAGS

WingTacker (thank Primus for the Multiforce; twelve W names with which I can run) has obviously been slacking off here. Understandable, I suppose; still filling notebooks with that horrendously illegible scrawl of hers (won't just buy the cheapest ones, either), spending moronic amounts of time looking for GTS Pokémon trades (it IS moronic when it's happening well after midnight and the alarm clock's gonna sound around 0700), mooning over the Brewers and the latest player to jump off the train (Jerry Hairston just signed with the Los Angeles Dodgers). Y'know. The usual.

Black Friday passed uneventfully for both of us. The 'open' times for stores poking into Thanksgiving late-night meant that all the nigh-solipsistic assholes, the nutbars who do all their holiday shopping then, and the people who were just looking for one or two deals and preferred not to risk missing out on 'em...they were pretty much all gone by 0300 Friday. WingTacker hadda be in at 0645. Fairly quiet shift. Me--I am a charter member of the third group listed above. No dues to pay this year, though--the entirety of Transformers offerings, this year, consisted of old stock, taped together and stickered with a fluorescent yellow SPECIAL VALUE starburst label. Shipped like that from Hasbro--I've seen the case boxes. Generally gotta put a little more effort into the repackaging to get me to bite.

So I stayed home and bought a Ninja. Hasn't arrived yet...

Took WingTacker to see Pokémon the Movie WHITE: VICTINI AND ZEKROM on Sunday. Limited engagements, bleh. Four whole theaters in Wisconsin showing it (once a day for two days), all in the Milwaukee area.

Whatever. I can drive that in my sleep BUT DIDN'T BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE IRRESPONSIBLE. Yomped around the area a little bit, afterward, hoping to find a Transformer that's been sighted in the state and is being snapped up about as quickly as its predecessor.

And BotCon just horked up the dates and location for the 2012 convention. Hopefully, Dallas in late April will be nothing like Dallas (Frisco, whatever, blah frickin' blah) in late September 2005. I'm missing DairyCon for the first time ever for this. Kinda sucks, but then, some of the behind-the-scenes drama is making me feel...somewhat less bad about it.

+++PRIME OUT+++C'EST LA VIE+++

6 comments:

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Too Many Dog Tags sums up how I feel about the lack of DotM trading cards around here.

Prime said...

I shoulda thrown specific mention of those in there, too...I've enough dupes to choke a killer whale--Orcanoch, sure, why not--and still lack one of the normal and all the gold, as well as the two 'other packouts' silver tags.

Anonymous said...

You 2 must be so happy to fly back to "Bush country"...;)

~daiAtlas

Prime said...

I prefer to call it "HOT FOR NO DAMN REASON AT ALL country".

What about you, signor? Goin'?

Anonymous said...

Yehhhsss...I made it to BC '11 despite a 50% drop in revenue at the time & it still didn't diminish the trip.

When I saw the news on Twitter, I thought, "How BC '08"! Not only will it be in late April/early in the year, I'll finally get to visit Dallas. After BC '08, my layover was at Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW). Where as you 2 know security was following me around...

~daiAtlas

Prime said...

You know those hyperparanoid TSA douchenozzles--El Salvadoran, Mexican, Egyptian, Zimbabwean...if yer brown and (lemme dust this one off, it's SO OLLLD) they don't like the cut of your jib, yer VURRA SUSPISHEUS to them...