Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Waiting For the End

Current music stuck in my head: Victini and the Black Hero:Zekrom OST Track #25-Golurk VS Reshiram Yes, it's epic because Golurk is epic. Just sayin'.

Well, it's almost over. Christmas is nearly here. Which means I can relax for a little while.... until the returns start.

This past Saturday, being the Saturday before Christmas, was insanely busy. As in, we were up to our necks in cranky customers. It wasn't fun, to say the least. How crabby were the customers? Oh, very. Apparently, we had someone decide that he couldn't reach the PIN pad on the debit card reader so he proceeded to beat the poor machine until it slumped over. "The wild Customer used Hammer Arm! It's stupid effective!"

Yeah, the pad wouldn't work properly after that. Gee, I wonder why?

Me, I spent most of my time on a register that had a nonfunctional stylus. No one could sign for their credit cards, so I had to print out slip after slip after slip. Now I wonder just how many trees I killed on that one day. It makes me feel a little guilty, I admit. Even worse? I told the CSM about it and she said she'd fix it. It never got fixed. So as far as I know register 16 still has a non-functioning stylus. Lovely.

Oh well, only a few more days and I'll be through all this. Until then, I have my copy of Pokemon Black (I'm trying to Masuda method myself a shiny Golett--wish me luck) and Pokemon Rumble Blast to help me keep my sanity. Until then, Merry Christmas to all and to all, good freaking luck.

--Weasel, "Most wonderful time of the year my skidplate..."

4 comments:

Kraneia said...

When I saw the title, I thought you meant how the world is supposed to be ending next year on this date.

..... But your version works, too.

BTW, I still hate Facebook, but you may want to look at it again. Brent and Ryoga were asking how you were. ;) I found Joey, too, but I doubt he'll "friend" me. ;) As long as you don't friend your coworkers, you should be fine. ;)

Happy Yule! :)
Scratch

Anonymous said...

Eeew...Fakebook! ;)

~daiAtlas

Kraneia said...

LOL I prefer the term "Fartbook" myself, it stinks.

ROFL

Weasel said...

You know, I need to just go ahead and get a freaking Facebook page--I'm living in mortal fear that Hasbro will hold some contest and I won't be able to enter since I don't have a Facebook page.

...knowing my luck, it would be something super-awesome, too.