Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Son of the Return of the Revenge of the Dark of the Random Thoughts

Been a while since I've done one of these guys; I may be a little rusty so bear with me.

Current song stuck in my head: In Between by Linkin Park

* The holidays are over. No more crowds. Now all we have to worry about is the Super Bowl. If Green Bay makes it, my store will be a ghost town.

* So the locale for BotCon 2012 was announced and we're going back to Texas. I can hear Prime booing and hissing in the background as I type this, but I seriously wanted to go back to California. It's nice there. Ah well, maybe next year.

* I'm still trying to Masuda Method myself a shiny Golett and I am failing massively. I've hatched 725 eggs and haven't seen my little Guardian. Yes, I have the name picked out for "him"; do not ask. Before you ask just what I'm doing with all the hatchlings, uh... I kinda don't keep them. I turn off the power so I'm not forced to release any of them. Yes, I'm a total wuss but I refuse to abandon something so cute! (I can't help it; the the little bugger is adorable.) Even worse? I'll have to restart the whole process again as I want a shiny Golurk and Guardian will not be evolving. Oh no, I'm completely not insane over here...

* We've had a grand total of maybe an inch and a half of snow this season. Either we're not going to get a whole lot, or we're going to get slammed with three blizzards in a freaking row in the middle of February. But no, no real white Christmas over here. Not awesome.

* On the 29th, Prime and I will be heading to Brewers on Deck. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. (Autographs and players and swag and all things baseball!)

* I have an extra day off this week. Seems the home office said we couldn't go over forty hours and our holiday pay counted as part of our scheduled time so I got myself a third day off. Not complaining about it, believe me.

* Prime, being the awesome wonderful guy he is, got me Bubble Power™ She-Ra® and Swiftwind™ for Christmas. I haven't squealed so much in a very long time. (The eight-year-old in me was very happy, trust me.)

* We have a Ninja blender in our kitchen now. So we can make smoothies and milkshakes and mixed drinks galore. Now I need to figure out just how to make a Mocha Frap like Starbucks and life will be officially awesome.

And that's about it. Tune in next time when I decide to root around the wrinkles of my brain stem and slap together more random crap like this. Until then, this has been...

--Weasel, "Over and out."

10 comments:

Prime said...

I should probably point out that the brain stem lacks wrinkles.

Oh, and you're a dork.

:p

Anonymous said...

"I can hear Prime booing and hissing in the background"

Booing? He's not scary. He's hardly a ghost...or a snake for that matter.;)

~daiAtlas

Evil King Macrocranios said...

I liked that ghost reference about the Super Bowl if Green bay made it. On the surface it reads like you mean the store will be empty but I also took it to mean that if the store is empty you'll be playing a lot of Pokemon.

I hope you grab a lot of Botcon pictures. I am sorely missing the Friday photos feature. Are you guys the evil greedy elitist Golden Ticket holders? I am sad that they make people pay extra now to sit in the front seats. It makes it so much harder to make good quality illegal recordings of the panels!

Are you guys giving up hope that the Dark of the Moon trading cards will ever get released? I am.

Weasel said...

Snake, no. Ghost, maybe. But sometimes Prime does yowl like a cat. Especially if he's playing Dr. Mario on his 3DS. (Trust me, DA, the man can swear...!)

You better believe that I'll be playing a lot of Pokemon, mine liege. It's all that's keeping me sane right now. And honestly, I am giving up a little hope on that DotM card set; it's been how long and nothing? Not looking good.

I need to do some more photoblogging, if Prime'll get a few things off the SD cards... hint, hint... ;)

Prime said...

The game's effing CPU is cheap as hell. Mid-level difficulty and it's whuppin' MY ass, ME, who can get 200 lines on Tetris with decent regularity? Hell, no.

Can't find any update on the trilogy-plus-G1 card set. Your guess is as good as mine. May just sign up on EnterPlay's forum just to ask the question...

Weasel said...

^ I hear that sort of thing about the Battle Subway. The AI cheats, always. That's one of the rules of gaming, I believe.

And no, I'm not one of the elitist Golden Ticket holders. If I could win the freaking lottery, then I'd go for it but not until then.

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Here's what I got when I emailed them:

Hi Steve,

The Transformers Dark of the Moon Trading Card Set release date is still uncertain. There are a few things that still need to be finished, however check our "NEWS" tab on our website to stay updated; we will update that the moment we set the release date.

Thanks, and sorry to keep you waiting!

Sincerely,
Adam Irwin

Enterplay
Customer Support
adam.irwin@enter-play.com

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Did you guys know about this wind up Bumblebee Eggbot?

http://tinyurl.com/7b2kxkg

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Hi guys, I have need of your Transformers trading card knowledge again. Is this upcoming EnterPlay/Breygent Marketing set the first time there have ever been sketch cards inserted in the packs? I know that signature cards came in previous movie themed sets but I'm not sure about artist sketches. It sounds like it's a first of some sort.

Evil King Macrocranios said...

FINALLY! The Breygent card boxes are popping up on ebay as pre-sells. Looks like a mid-May release at the latest. After all these years this set is finally coming out. I think it could possibly be the coolest TF card set ever, even if the base is heavy on the original Bay trilogy.