Friday, May 19, 2006

Random Thoughts Ver 2

This sucks.

I'll be heading to St. Paul, Minnesota tomorrow and what the hell happens? I wake up with a fricking sore throat today. A three day weekend and I'm coming down with something! I would scream, but it would make my throat feel worse. Which brings me to a sore (ha, ha) point: if you, your child or a your loved one is sick, don't freaking shop. The cashiers don't want your damned germs! And for God's sake, don't let your sick child drool on merchandise and then hand the sticky mess to us. It's frigging disgusting. I mean, would you want to write out your check with a saliva-coated pen? Didn't think so.

But enough about that. It's time for:

Weasel's Random Thoughts Ver 2

*According to a recent poll conducted by my local paper, 35% of Northeastern Wisconsin residents have a problem with the NSA looking at their phone records. A whopping 65% do not. To the 65% who don't give a crap about privacy: would it piss you off it was an advertising agency looking at your phone records? What the hell is wrong with you?

*I'm currently reading Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code. It's an interesting read, nothing earth-shattering (most of the historical facts about the Church I already knew) but it's fun. I'm half-tempted to buy a ticket to see the movie just to piss off the Religious Right.

*A local teacher who worked in a Catholic school was recently fired. Why? She conceived a child using in-vitro fertilization, which the Church opposes. Reactions have been mixed; some people support the fired teacher, others siding with the Church. One Church supporter was glad that they stuck with their morals. I'm glad, too. Maybe this will make people realize just how much of a festering pile of excrement this entire situation has become. (I guess the Catholic Church really isn't pro-life after all.)

*The Senate voted to make English our national language. Great idea.... if it applies to our natural-born citizens. God knows, W sure as hell isn't speaking our "national language".

*X-Men 3 comes out on the 26th of this month. I don't know who's more stoked, me or Prime.

*The shit hit the fan recently regarding the up-coming Transformers live action movie. According the Allspark, a guy by the name of Nelsons just let some "insider info" slip. The resulting "revelations" caused on uproar among the fans. Case in point:

Bumblebee is mute because his vocal chords have been damaged in battle.

When I heard that, I near crapped my pants in rage. But there's still more; the fans questioned, Michael Bay answered. I'm hoping for the best.

And that's all for today. Tune in next time when I bitch about more random crap.

--Weasel, already getting sick and tired of the taste of fricking Halls cough drops....

No comments: