Thursday, August 03, 2006

Summertime Blues

This has not been a good summer.

For the third time in as many months, I'm fighting off another cold. Three weeks ago, I was trying to fight off dehydration and exhaustion (both heat related; I still end up with a few dizzy spells from it all). Prime and I had a pretty bad exchange over the phone last Friday which led to me having a 20 minute crying jag at work. But the absolute worst? On Sunday, July 23, my mother called me and told me one of my aunts had died of cancer. I spent quite a few weekends at her place with her younger daughter while I was a tweenager.

All I want to do right now is scream.

I'm fighting off flashbacks from this past December, the heat (which broke recently, thank Primus!) has gotten both Prime and myself so frazzled that we had been snapping at each other (we don't have central a/c), our finances hit rock bottom last month and my wonderful job has been giving me shit schedules for the past few weeks.... if they even remember to stick me on the schedule, that is.

I want to scream, cry, throw a fit like a two year old until I'm so emotionally emptied out that I can't even stand, let alone walk.

I can't do that, though.

If I start, I may not stop for a very long time.

I hope August is better.

--Weasel, who wants to skip straight to September and BotCon...

2 comments:

The Culture Ghost said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Peace be with you and your family.

Yes, we had dreadful heta our here last week (112 was the high until it cooled down to 107 for several days). During those days we did as little as possible and made sure the tempers were kept at bay.

I think you should go ahead and throw the tantrum-it sounds very refreshing. Dump all that emotional energy and purge the system and come out of it restored and re-invented.

In the mean time, stay cool.

Weasel said...

Thanks for the concern. It is appreciated.

I'll probably throw that tantrum later today or Monday. Seems a new problem popped up: the car. (Never mention you a windfall of any sort while in a car. They will break down to spite you.) It started making a weird knocking noise not too long ago. We think it may be a loose rod in the engine, but we're not sure. (The mechanic we took it to couldn't duplicate the problem.) To make things interesting, our vacation comes up in late September.

There is no way in hell we're driving that car to Kentucky. Knowing my luck, we'll end up broken down in the middle of nowhere. (Cue "Dueling Banjoes" and a lot of panicked screaming.)

I really don't know if I should laugh or cry.

--Weasel, can't help chuckling a little at how insane things have gotten lately... (No liquid on board any airplanes! That's an order!)