Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cautiously Optimistic... Or Not

I have good news and bad news. I'll go with the good news first:

Remember the sign that was pitched out on me about a week ago? Well, a friend of mine who happens to take a lot of road trips, found one. He managed to save it for me.

I got it two nights ago. I'm still pretty giddy over this.

Now for the bad news:

Two days before that, Prime was sitting in front of the computer when we both heard an odd noise, much like a metallic humming. Prime thought it came from the PC.

I freaked.
It seems that one of the signs that your hard drive may decide to shit itself and die is weird noises.

Prime's been burning everything to CD-ROMS, trying to back this old bitch up. Everything seems fine for now, but Primus only knows what may happen in the next few days. If we're lucky, it's nothing. If not, well... I won't be updating the blog regularly, I'll say that much.

God, I hate October. The bad almost always outweighs the good.

No comments: