Monday, April 07, 2008

And Oddly Enough, I'm Not Upset...

So this past Saturday, Prime and I were supposed to be heading to Peoria, IL to hit an auto show. The reason? One of the Bumblebee Concept Cameros was to make an appearance there. Well, the day before we were to leave, Prime insisted that I should call the organizers of the show and make doubly sure that he would be there. So I did.
And I got a nice, swift kick to the gut: Bumblebee's appearance had been cancelled.

I called Prime, so upset I could barely speak. Somehow I managed to tell him the news.

"They didn't give a reason?"

"No," I mumbled feeling miserable. Then we were quiet. After a moment, Prime spoke again.

"You know exactly why they had to cancel," he said. "Think about it."

That's when it hit me. "He's on the move," I gasped. "He's on the move!" And I smiled.

Three of the Saleen Police Mustangs that are Barricade have been spotted in transit. There have also been sightings of the Ratchet Hummer, the Ironhide GMC Topkick and the Optimus Prime Peterbilt. They've been heading off, getting ready for filming of the sequel. The only one who has not yet been spotted was Bumblebee.

"Doesn't hurt so badly now, does it?" Prime said. I agreed.

Am I disappointed I didn't get to see Bumblebee? Yes. But strangely enough, I'm not upset. Heck, when I think about it, I actually start smiling. This is more important than a public appearance. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.

--Weasel, "My chance will come. I can feel it."

2 comments:

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Yeah but what if he dies in the movie and they trash all the Camaros?!?

Weasel said...

Something tells me they wouldn't trash the Camaros. Sell them, perhaps but trash 'em, no. They'd be worth waaaaaaaaay too much money.

And yes, I'd sell a vital organ or two to lay hands on one. I can live with only one lung, half a liver and two thirds of a kidney! Bumblebee's more important than my stupid squishy organs!

Good God, I am sad.