Thursday, April 24, 2008

A (Semi) Live Update

As of right this moment, I am blogging from the Cincy Ramada where Prime and I are staying for BotCon 2008. The hotel's nice enough, yesterday was an assload of fun but Tuesday.... well, it was hell.

On our Tuesday road trip from Milwaukee to Cincinnati we hit a shitload of road construction in Illinois and some in Indiana. Worse yet, due to road debris I am out a fucking front windshield. Scamper took a hit to the front passenger side by what we assume was a piece of gravel or a pebble. We're still not entirely sure.

Did I mention that this was my new car? The one I fucking love? No, guess I didn't.
Did I mention I was in tears because of this? I'm serious; I fucking love that car.
So yeah, Tuesday sucked massive balls. And the following things have earned a grade of FAIL:

Illinois Road Construction
Illinois Toll Roads
Ooms Bros. Trucks
I-65S
and last but certainly not least
MapQuest.

YOU ALL FAIL!

Wednesday however, kicked much in the way of ass. I took the fun tour while Prime took the customizing class; I played Lazer tag, toured Jungle Jim's and got to see the Earth Toy Mall while he built a "Shattered Glass" version of Nightbeat. Yes, there was much fun to be had. After that was all said and done, we hung out with Shawn (who snagged me an Animated Bumblebee; you totally rock!), Stogey and Puffy, had some pizza and watched Doctor Who. It was an awesome nerd experience, which I really needed. Thanks, guys. :)

Today's an "off" day for us; neither one of us has any activities planned for the day (save for Scamper's windshield repair, which has been taken care of BTW) so we're hanging here at the hotel, waiting for our friend DA to arrive.

Our start was a bit dicey, but now things are a-rockin'. I can actually say I'm in the BotCon spirit, so to speak.

--Weasel, "Road debris is ass. It can really fuck up your vacation plans. Trust me."

No comments: