Saturday, April 26, 2008

And Yet Another Update

Friday was the first full day of the convention and what a day it was!

We had a helluva of a wake up call in the morning; some dry wall dust pissed off something in the hotel and set off the fire alarm. After that was taken care of, me and Prime headed out to the convention center to take in a few panels and the private dealer room experience.

We walked in on the last few moments of the IDW panel, which looked interesting enough to make me want to take it in on Saturday. We sat in and listened to the Cartoon Network guys and caught the VA panel. After that was said and done, DA and I hit a local mall for food. I haven't had Chik-Fil-A in years.

After eating, the dealer room was open and there were rare finds to be had. I managed to get my grubby little mits on a pair of Bumblebee hats from Stylin Online, got a pair of Japanese Bumblebees (Bumbles) from Fumihiko Akiyama's table (I think it was Azusa who helped me; I thank him profusely!) a few more Bumblebee candy decoys (I swear to Primus, I will get a full set!) a few Microns here, etc. So yeah, me and the Prime unit spent an assload of money. And true story: When I went to drop our haul in Scamper, I actually saw Bumper Robinson in the hallway... and managed to stutter a "hello"! (I seriously need to get his autograph!)

After stashing our plastic crack, I had to search around for the Prime unit, finally met back up with him and wandered around the dealer room. When it closed for the day, we waited by the panel rooms to take in the Faction Feud game show which started at 7 PM. Quite a few of the questions Prime sent in were actually used during the game. Holy shit, he can pull out some obscure slag! After the TF Wiki team won (again!), we were treated to the Transformers Film Fest. I have never laughed so hard in my life.

The First film was My Little Transformer: Sector 7. I don't want to give it away, but the feeling of Schadenfreude while watching this film... AWESOME! Film number two was called M.I.S.B., which dealt with a collector playing with his mint in sealed box toys. It was cute at times, if a little groan worthy. Third film up was simply titled TFMVHell. To put it in a nutshell, think of all the anime AMVs you've seen, only done comically and with Transformers. I laughed so hard at times my damn cheeks hurt. Fourth and final (they didn't get a whole lot of entries apparently) was Bumblebee Goes to School. It was rather cute as well. After viewing all the entries, we the Transfans voted: My Little Transformer took it. It probably helped that I was screaming my damn fool head off. XD

Once the winner was announced, we got a special treat. We were allowed to watch an unaired and upcoming episode of Transformers: Animated. We had two choices- episode 20 "Garbage In, Garbage Out" or episode 26 "Black Friday". The winner was "Garbage In, Garbage Out" for very obvious reasons, namely Wreck-Gar and Weird Al. Again, this was pure unadulterated awesome, which I will not spoil.

All in all, it was a great day. Tomorrow will be a lot better, I'm sure.

--Weasel, "I haven't felt this good in months."

No comments: