Friday, July 25, 2008

Best. Day. EVER!

So my friend DA is now at the San Diego Comic-Con. I admit, I am jealous as all get-out. He's been calling me off and on the whole day to give me status reports, so when the phone rang about ten minutes ago, that's what I was expecting. We said hi, he told me to hang on, and I had no idea what would happen next.

The person who said hello had a distinctly British accent. My heart skipped at least three beats when I realized who it was.

It was Mark Ryan. I was speaking to Mark Ryan!

He asked if I had ever been to anything like SDCC and I told him that I really hadn't, the closest I had come was BotCon. He mentioned that DA had said I was a huge Bumblebee fan and I said that I most certainly was.

Poor Mr. Ryan. He said it sounded like I was hyperventilating and was afraid I might pass out! I told him I wouldn't. XD

It seems he didn't know he was going to be the voice of Bumblebee until he was contacted after the filming was over; basically they wanted his permission to use the lines he spoke for Bumblebee, but he couldn't remember doing any! They had to play a recording of him speaking the lines so he could actually remember them.

He said yes and thus became the voice of Bumblebee.

He said he hasn't been invited to a BotCon yet, but he would certainly go and "make a fool of himself" again. I said if he could stand the likes of me, it'd be great. He said he could.

I thanked Mr. Ryan profusely and told him it was an honor to speak to him. When DA picked the phone back up, I must have said about three hundred "Thanks" in under five seconds.

Poor Prime. When he gets home, he's going to wonder why I'm so hyper.
I'll be unbearable for the next three weeks, easy.

--Weasel, "This. Day. RAWKS!"

2 comments:

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Well that's the trifecta. Congrats. By the way, did you see the gallery of Auto Assembly pictures the moonies took? Gilvezan was there!

Weasel said...

All I need now is Mr. Ryan's autograph on a movie 'Bee and I'm set for life..... until someone else voices Bumblebee. XD

I wish I could've gone to Auto Assembly. It looked like a blast. And seeing Dan again would have been awesome.