Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Just A Few More Random Thoughts

It's a rather lovely fall day and I have nothing better to do, so it's time once again for:

Weasel's Random Thoughts

* It's been said that a woman begins to enjoy her vacation from the moment she begins to pack while a man enjoys his when he arrives there. If this is true then it will be a very long 8 months because I've already begun my BotCon packing. Yes, it's true: I have no life. (Stop snickering, Prime.)

* I want to go to Universal Studios Hollywood in 2011. It will be awesome. Here is why. Guess we know the location of a future BotCon...I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope...

* No one is exactly sure where BotCon will be held, but I'm getting ready for it as if we're flying. Ever since 2005, it seems that odd-numbered years have meant a couple of plane tickets while the even-numbered years are within driving distance. With this sort of pattern established, I'm pretty much expecting a jaunt in the sky to next year's con which I really don't want. I'm kinda hoping to be proven wrong. You have no idea just how much I hate flying....

* No matter how much laundry you do, you are never done. Seriously, it never ends. (Apologies to Simon Furman. Or curses. Reader's Choice.)

* I have been training my cat to sit. It seems to actually be working. Teaching Sammy to speak or roll over probably won't happen...frankly, he doesn't need any prompting to do either. Hey, he already knows how to say "hello".

* We have 14 days until the election. This will all be over soon, thank Primus. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same thing about football season. (After the crap with Favre, I wish I would never hear the word "football" uttered by anyone ever again.)

* Prime and I have been on a "Masters of the Universe" tear. We've been watching the DVDs of the 2002 series for the past couple of nights. Been kinda nice to see them, really. And I learned something new while watching: I had no idea that they had done morals at the end of most of the eps.

* People are already beginning to do their Cashmas shopping. And stores have already started putting out their Xmas displays. Yet another holiday shopping season arrives. I can hardly wait. /sarcasm

And that about does it. Be sure to tune in next time when I type out another pointless message on various and inane topics simply known as... Random Thoughts.

2 comments:

The Culture Ghost said...

you must be in a better space...

although i grew up in manhattan, i was never a big jets fan, but i'm glad favre is having a good season with them...it's disgraceful that gb let him go...sf did the same thing to joe montana years ago...

i'm trying to keep my felines from jumping on my shoulder-hurts like hell when they land on it.
several of our cats respond to "roll down" where they do that silly half roll, half fall down...good luck with sammy and sit.

is your retailer feeling panic about Cashmas? can't imagine it's going to be a good season until we all get stimulus checks again...

it's amazing how much laundry two people can generate...and i'm living in my clothes right now right for two or three days at a time...seriously, it's not easy changing shirts with a shattered shoulder...

Weasel said...

To me, football season comes with a bit of dread; most Wisconsinites seem to eat, sleep and crap football. It can get tiring at times.

Sammy actually understands the command, but he doesn't want to do it sometimes. It takes a bit for him to respond some days. Typical cat. And good luck keeping the cats off your bad shoulder. Trying to reason with a kitty can be close to impossible.

There hasn't been much Cashmas panic yet, but I think we'll be catching heat from KMart. They have layaway, we don't. And with the economy as it is, I think we'll be losing a lot of business to KMart.

I don't even want to imagine the piles of laundry some families have. Me and Prime make enough dirty clothes as it is. (And I'd have to get Prime to help me dress if I were injured. There's no way I could deal with it on my own.)