Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Where's My Damned Prozac?!

For the past couple of days, I've felt a little bit like House: I've had a limp and I don't really want to take people's crap. My right foot has been hurting like a bitch lately (it's better, thank Primus) but my attitude has gone straight to hell.

Tom is pissing everyone off. Including me.

A few days ago, Tom chewed me out. Why? Overtime. Where did that overtime come from? The idiots not getting out on time. But that wasn't what really pissed me off; it was his reply afterward. "This is strike two. Third strike you're out."

What.

The.
FUCK?!

Where the flying fuck was strike number one, asshole? Or did you just pull this shit out of your ass?! I had to have swung the bat a time before this, you jackass and I sure as hell don't remember swinging at jack shit. God fucking damn!

More and more cashiers are getting pissed off. There are head cashiers who are now stabbing people in the back. We're not allowed to do any pages over the PA system anymore. And we now have about a month before the Cashmas rush begins. I'm about ready to strangle an idiot. Any idiot will do.

I love my job. Really I do.



Pic from here.

2 comments:

The Culture Ghost said...

sounds like fun...i've noticed that people are getting ruder and generally more unpleasant as the economy slides into the swamp...

since i gather you are in retail. are they beginning to panic as they realize cashmass is going to be dire?

Weasel said...

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of panic yet but I have a feeling things will be changing in the next couple of weeks. Especially when it comes to the "hot" toys of the season; when it hits November, people start shitting themslves in th toy aisle. It's fun to watch sometimes.

I can barely wait for Black Friday. That will be ever so much fun.