Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Like It Can't Get Any Damn Stupider....

I didn't think much of what I saw; one of the heads was wiping down our dry erase board at the podium just as I arrived. It wasn't until later that things got serious. It seems the note on the board read that all cashiers were required to smile. If we didn't we could get coached. Or worse.

We could get fired. For not smiling on the job.

It was either someone's idea of a joke or they were deadly serious about it. And I'm thinking it wasn't a joke.

The news spread like wildfire. No one was happy. Which is probably why the damn thing was erased.

This whole thing leads me to ask: Could management get fired for being stupid as fuck? Cause they seriously need it.

--Weasel, "And I was hoping to use my 'psycho' smile..."

2 comments:

The Culture Ghost said...

Management cannot be fired for being as stupid as fuck; in fact, recent trends have indicated a direction correlation between management stupidity and bonuses.

Just read The Wall Street Journal.

Weasel said...

And if you're really stupid, Uncle Sam bails you out! Maybe I should act more like Paris Hilton so I can rake in the millions..... (Ew, no.)