Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Even More Random Thoughts

It's been a while since I last updated and a lot of things have happened. So now we're doing another obligatory installment of:

Random Thoughts

* It seems that something big has happened at work; the store manager called meetings on Monday and told everybody to come. From what I understand a bunch of the job titles were changed and its going to affect some of the department managers. As to how, I really don't know. And as far as I know, it won't really affect my job but we'll see.

* Our new manager for the front end is a woman named Sammy. Here's hoping she'll be much more competent than Tom. (It wouldn't take much, believe me.)

* Saturday was a very strange day. I was on GM self-checks. I had one woman try to outright steal from us (she would only scan one item and put three in the bag) then we had someone threaten to kill himself. Yeah, it was nuts. I can't help but wonder if it was a full moon that night.

* Our weather has improved lately. We hit the 50s in places yesterday. I wish this would last.

* God, how I wish I could go to Chicago today.
This is why. (I'm trying not to throw a fit over here.)

* I was able to catch the teaser trailer for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen during the Super Bowl. Another trailer will appear before Friday the Thirteenth. I'll have to wait until it hits the net; I'm not paying full ticket price just to see a trailer.

* In 106 days I'll be at BotCon. I just hope I can hold out until then.

* There's been a pre-order bonus announced for Pokémon Platinum: a Giratina figurine. Supposedly you can get this from Target and Best Buy, but
Serebii fails at English so badly it isn't even funny. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled, I guess.

* My store has no new Transformers. It fails on multiple levels.

* Prime's been using my laptop for a few projects, so I've been using the desktop. I've discovered that I don't like the desktop; it's way too fucking slow. God, how I love my little Alexa.

* We took advantage of Circuit City's going out of business sale on Friday. Prime grabbed quite a bit of slag, whereas I got rechargeable batteries for my camera and a lock for Alexa-One. The sad thing? I think that was the first time I had ever gone to that store.

And that does for this week! Tune in next time when I write a bunch of crap that no one really cares about. Until then, this has been...

--The Weasel, "Signing off."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually one can learn a great deal about another person by what they list as random thoughts.

The community college that employs me may lose its accreditation (did I even spell that right, it's late...)

I had a colonoscopy today. The drugs were marvelous...

We are finally having winter as we should have it...rainy and cold. We had a ten day period of 60+ and no rain. California depends on the snow pack for its water supply. We are already looking at a drought this summer. In addition to a budget that has $48 billion gap in it.

My wife loves her new desktop...now if we could just get them networked properly. We have a young man working on it. Solving this puzzle has become a matter of personal pride to him.

Weasel said...

Although we just got 6 more inches today, we've lost quite a bit of our snowpack. We hit the 50s not terribly long ago which melted most of it off. I'm rather glad, too. I don't want anymore flooding.

I can't help but wonder how much of that deficit was caused by the woman who just had 8 kids. That's got to be a few million dollars right there. (And how can she tell them apart? I'd start forgetting names!)

Networking bites. We tried setting up a router here and it's not working. But then again, our desktop is almost 7 years old, so that may be a factor.