Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Are You Shitting Me?!

I did not just read this: Obama plan expands offshore oil drilling.

Awesome. Just fucking awesome. I've been down this road before--twenty years ago when I was living in NC. I fought like hell to make sure this bullshit wouldn't happen. We were able to dodge the bullet for a while but not anymore, it would seem.

They'll be drilling in Virginia. How long will it be before the Outer Banks are ruined? What are the chances Wrightsville Beach will end up spoiled? We all know spills have a tendency to spread out; like it or not this will affect NC. To hell with Michael Bay, this rapes my childhoods. I could absolutely cry.

Stop the world, I wanna get the fuck off. NOW.

Primus, am I ever glad I voted third party.


EDIT @ 1:08PM: CNN just showed us a nice big fat map of areas approved for offshore drilling. Guess who's on there? If you said the coast of North Carolina, you'd be right. (I just screamed at the television in abject rage when I saw that.) Godmotherfuckingdammit. Now I am going to go cry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it's been some 14 or 15 months now and I can barely tell the difference between the Bush administration and this current one. It's why I've given up on the news pretty much altogether.

Kraneia said...

Heve you been to wrightsville beach lately? It's already spoiled!

Giant offshore drilling might be an improvement.

(I'm *KIDDING*)

Scratch

Weasel said...

Yeah, CG, I don't blame you. It's getting pretty damaging to my health just having CNN on as background noise while I type. I have caught myself screaming in frustration at the TV. I should switch to some nice, soothing music. Might help my nerves.

You know the sick thing about all this, Scratch? I almost wish some freaking oil company would stick a rig out there and then BAM! Here comes a category five hurricane. Or they drill and find precisely jack shit (not happening, I know, they wouldn't drill unless they knew it was there). It would be like the universe gave everyone the freaking finger. (It would make my sorry ass feel better...)