Saturday, January 29, 2011

Back To (Semi) Normal

The last few weeks have been a bit trying, to put it gently. Things have gotten crazy at work and adjusting to this "new normal" hasn't been all that easy.

On the work front, there have been massive changes and even more massive rumors swirling about. Our door greeters have now been reduced to working from 10am to 10pm. If you're a cashier that's on the GM self-checks, ten to one you'll be watching the GM doors. Yeah, like you don't have enough to do watching four slagging lanes. Whatever. But that's not the worst of it. The rumor is that we'll be getting rid of the door greeters altogether. Meaning, cashiers will have to keep an eye on things. Even worse, the rumors are swirling about that we'll also see the cartpushers go the way to the dinosaur. Who will go out and take care of the lots? You guessed it: Cashiers and ICS associates.

Yeah, I'm not running around pushing carts in below zero weather. Or blazing heat, for that matter. It ain't happening.

So I keep editing my work, hoping for the best. I'm at the midpoint of a fourth notebook, which is one of the things that's keeping me sane. But at this point, I don't know how long this will last.

--Weasel, "I love my job. I love my job. I love my--oh who the fuck am I kidding?!"

No comments: