Thursday, February 16, 2012

On Borrowed Time

So while sitting in the breakroom at work this morning, I see one of my co-workers talking to one of the cashiers. They're both talking in whispers, so I can tell that whatever they're saying is pretty sensitive. Me, I just keep eating my breakfast and pretend not to be interested until the cashier leaves and the co-worker sits down next to me. A few moments later, she tells me what's going on.

One of the managers got fired on Tuesday. She honestly thinks that it may have something to do with her--this manager would change the schedule in her area to make sure she had enough coverage so that her work got done. No one else did this sort of thing for her; this newly fired manager was the only one.

The real probably is the manager who is taking over my co-worker's department. This manager--who I'll call "Jessie"--doesn't like said co-worker. Jessie's looked this woman in the face and said outright, "I hate you." My co-worker said that the way management is now, if they don't like you, they will set you up to fail and fire you. I transferred from my old hellhole to get away from that sort of crap. Apparently, that didn't work so well because it's now happening here.

Great. Just slagging great.

And people wonder why I'm ready for the robot apocalypse. The robots can't screw up worse than the humans already have.

--Weasel, "If you'll excuse me, I'll be on Cybertron...or in Unova...where things actually make sense!"

2 comments:

Kraneia said...

They finally decided to call me back today... I let 'em leave a message. Seems they can't get a hold of my references.... *could* call them back and give them the cell numbers...not sure if I should though, they could've told me this within the first couple of days and not waited two friggin weeks.... :P

Weasel said...

Trust me, the idiocy with that company is so deep, it's insane. I'm surprised I haven't lost what little sanity I still have.