Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What Is This I Don't Even

Try wrapping your head around this one: The Secret World of Arrietty, a Studio Ghibli film about four-inch people who “borrow” what they need from normal-sized humans, encourages class envy and redistribution of wealth, according to Lou Dobbs.

The real kicker to all this? A direct quote from Dobbs: "The president's liberal friends in Hollywood targeting a younger demographic using animated movies to sell their agenda to children."

Um, excuse me, good sir? Hollywood has nothing to do with this! Let me spell this out for you--Arrietty is based on The Borrowers, which was a book published in 1952. Second of all, this was made by Studio Ghibli, which is based in Japan. Yes, Disney dubbed it and released it here in the US, but the film is Japanese in origin. So yeah, stop howling about Obama and the Hollywood liberals, please.

You know, I'm rather tempted to go and see Arrietty again, just to irritate people like this. Because I'm just that type.

--Weasel, "And people wonder why I'm so cynical. Well, here's just one example..."

2 comments:

Kraneia said...

[does spittake]
BWHAH HA HAH HAA HAHA AHAHAHA!

[ahem]

Silly woman! You assume people like Dobbs actually pick up a book (other than their bible) and read.

Not only do they not read, they didn't watch Saturday morning cartoons as kids, either... Remember "The Littles"? Same concept.

But you know how these folks are... they yap to hear the sound of their own yapping. Kinda like those pomeranian yapper dogs... lol

Oh, and I've given up on Walmart. Target apparently wants me more--I have orientation there the 15th... ;)

Anonymous said...

Not really. For these people, facts are an inconvenience and get in their way...

~daiAtlas