Tuesday, July 31, 2012

This Too Shall Pass

It's been a tiring week and a bit stressful, but I'm not going to complain about it. I have no right to complain about much of anything. It could be worse, a lot worse.

I didn't have to bury any of my family. I didn't have to lay before Prime and act as a living sheild. I didn't have to keep a hand at a friend's throat to control the bleeding from a gunshot wound while I frantically dialed 911 on my cell phone. I don't have to mourn the passing of a child or a husband. I am damned lucky and I know this.

Yes, work has been a pain in the backside, but it always is. That's not a surprise. But who really cares about that? I'm healthy, Prime is fine and my friends are safe. Life is good. The only things that are bothering me are petty annoyances that will be forgotten by tomorrow.

Trust me, it could be a lot worse.

No comments: