Thursday, August 11, 2005

My Life Among the Sheep

Interesting thing happened at work today. Seems one of the teacher's unions around here want people to boycott my company, due to use of child labor and other, shall we say, unsavory practices. Me, I say more power to 'em. My co-workers have a different opinion.

They think the teacher's union is full of shit. That they're picking on "our" company because it happens to be the biggest and "best" and this is all a great big media conspiracy.

Uh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

The media's getting it right: our company is a huge hulking pile of crap. However, to hear my other co-workers talk, this company is the greatest thing since sliced bread. My co-workers claim to want people to "think for themselves" on this matter. Funny, none of them can. They've all been so damned brainwashed by the company that they'll believe any half-baked steaming pile of shit the corporate heads will set in front of them. They're more than happy to shake their rear-ends during that moronic cheer we recite every morning and believe that this company has their best interests at heart. They truly believe that this is the single greatest corporation on earth.

I say they're full of shit.

I used to love my company, until I started working for the place. Then I realized just how greedy, scummy and disgusting a company it truly was. I've seen too many good people fired for bullshit reasons, had to endure two different humiliations at the hands of management, and now I have no real life because I've been stuck on afternoon shifts. No one in the building gives a damn about their job or any of its duties. Does management support any of the cashiers or floor associates? No. Does management acknowledge any of our accomplishments? No. (We used to have a program to do just that, but our new store manager put a stop to it; it wasn't corporate policy according to him.) We've had several cashiers fired in the past week and several more ended up getting reprimanded for idiotic reasons. Our morale ain't gettin' any better: fact to business, it's getting worse.

Yet, so many of my other co-workers are happier than hell to defend this company, no matter how low it may sink.

Baa, sheep. Baa.

--Weasel, critical thinking wolf among lambs

No comments: