Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Universe Hates Me... And the Feeling is Mutual Right Now

I have said numerous times that my luck sucks ass. Prime has said that I'm full of shit; his is worse.

Today, I now have the dubious honor of being proven right. In this case, I really wish I to hell was wrong.

I'm sure you remember the bullshit I went through earlier this week. This was on top of Prime being sick (I think he had the exact same thing that mine Liege suffered from) and the money crunch we went through last week. I honestly thought the universe couldn't shit on me any more.

I was wrong. Very, very wrong.

This weekend, there was a car show in Green Bay; World of Wheels, it's called. I heard about a few of the big draws: the General Lee, a real-life replica of Tow Mater from Cars and James Best, who was Cooter on The Dukes of Hazzard.

I had no idea who else was there. A co-worker told me today who else was at that car show (I almost wish she hadn't): a certain yellow Concept Camaro that had a small role in a little film that released in July of last year.


Bumblebee.
Bumblebee made an appearance in Green Bay. And I had absolutely no clue.

Needless to say, I'm pissed beyond all words that could possibly be used in the entire English language. If I had known, I sure as hell wouldn't have been working this weekend and my ass would have spent two days in Green Bay, filling one of my camera's SD cards with pictures of my favorite Autobot. Instead, I find out about his appearance on the last damned day of the show, with no possible way of getting there in time to see him. Talk about the final kick in the goddamned teeth.

If there're gods, each and every fuckin' one of 'em are laughing at me right now. Pricks.

On the brighter side, I have another chance coming in April, one I had at least already planned for several months ago. The Camaro is scheduled to make an appearance at a show in Peoria, IL. Come hell or high water, I will be there. I don't care if I have to eBay a kidney or sell blood plasma. It will happen.

--Weasel, "Why? Why, Primus, WHY?!"

2 comments:

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Ohhh, geeez. I feel awful for you. I can't begin to imagine what even a fraction of your disappointment feels like but I was stunned and deflated reading this. I didn't even have to scroll down to the picture because I knew what was coming. Good luck in April, though.

Weasel said...

Thanks, man. You have no idea how much your comment means to me right now. Like I said, that was the worst kick in the fricking teeth imaginable. I spent most of that Sunday wanting to scream.

I can hardly wait until April. February and March have been kicking my ass.