Saturday, March 15, 2008

Well, I Was in a Better Mood...

I was hoping to make a nice, pleasant post. You know, one that didn't involve me bitchng and whining.

Well, that ain't gonna happen. Or so it seems.

I saw one of my fellow cashiers today. His name's Robert and you could easily say that he's a ninth level nerd: he has a D&D group, writes science fiction/fantasy stories, and plans on watching all the Star Trek movies with his girlfriend..... once they're done with Babylon 5. Needless to say, we get along famously; we talk nerdspeak in the breakroom quite a bit.

Today, Robert told me, he's quitting. The reason? He got written up for excessive absences. He was out four times. Each time, it was due to personal illness. So, in other words, he got disciplined for being sick.

The co-manager who was with him said he had no clue what to tell Robert to type in the "Actions Associate can take in regards to this matter". What the fuck can you type? "I won't fucking get sick you pack of brain dead shit eating assholes"?

He's putting in applications to other places. He'll be giving notice soon.

Economists have been saying that the US is not losing jobs, we're just switching to a different economy, one that has more service oriented jobs.

In other words, we'll all be working at Wal-Mart, smiling happily, hoping to Christ we don't get sick so we can keep our miserable piece of shit jobs.

The United States is fucked.

--Weasel, "And my wonderful mood just went straight done the shitter."

No comments: