Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I'm still here; I've just been too blasted wiped to actually post.

It's mostly been work that's been wearing at me, but life in general hasn't helped either. Even the small things seem to irritate me. Prime's done shit that would normally tease a chuckle out of me and all I'll do is roll my eyes. (Sorry 'bout that, big guy.)

But I'm getting better. I'll get to that in a minute. First, I have to vent a little:

* The people who did data entry for my previous store were morons. 'Nuff said.

* We've had yet another spate of firings in the last couple of weeks. At least four people, and possibly more than that, were let go. I knew three of them, the fourth I'm not sure since I never got a name. The reasons vary, but the result is the exact same-- I'm paranoid as hell and trying not to say anything that may piss anyone off.

* The new front end manager is expecting us to "sell" customers on our store credit card. I refuse. Why? Way too damn many people have had their credit frozen. Why in the hell would they even want to try getting another credit card?! In this economy, I seriously doubt anyone would even want another piece of plastic.

* Whoever has been doing the schedule has been sucking a bit less, but they still suck. Although I've been getting two days off in a row more and more, my hours are all over the place. I'll work 8:30 to 5:30 one day and 11 to 8 the next. It's tiring, to say the least.

But things are getting better. We have DairyCon coming in a little over a week. We've also got a couple of nice tax returns coming which will help with BotCon. And of course, we have BotCon coming in May.

Things can only get better.

No comments: