Friday, April 17, 2009

"What Do You Want Me To Do About It?"

Since dinner is cooking, I decided to steal a few moments and make a quick post. I just had to.

Today, cashier Jenni told me about a little incident that happened last night. It seems a customer found a virtual shitload of stuff left behind in a cart. Everything was paid for; according to Jenni it was all in bags. So the customer told an associate from lawn and garden about it. Rather than taking the bags up to customer service, the associate simply said, "Just take it. You can have it." Jenni thought that maybe she should let a head or a member of management know about this, since the customer who originally forgot the items might come back for them. I told her that it was probably a very good idea.

About ten minutes later, Jenni told me that she let a head know about it. The head in question was Mary. Mary's reply to Jenni's story was simple: "What do you want me to do about it?"

Uh, how about your damn job? You know, like letting management know about this so they can talk to the moron in L&G so it won't happen again? You know, actually doing some fucking work for once in your pathetic life? But that would require you to actually get up off your lazy ass and do something, now wouldn't it?

I swear to Primus, I work with idiots. And they get fucking stupider each and every damn day.

--Weasel, "I'm so earning that vacation, really, I am...."

2 comments:

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Whoa! Anything happening in lawn & garden is already shady seeing how there's not a lot of people out there to begin with. If this were a scam I could see how someone would just walk in with lots of empty bags, shop around as usual, bag the stuff in L&G and then let an employee know about the "abandoned" merchandise. Then let the story unfold just as it did. You'd think they'd check security cameras to confirm the scenario unfolded as it did. Crazy!

I see it as being well above your paygrade and not affecting you directly so I'd brush it off. That incident with your going over the clock is a problem, though. If it were me I'd clock out immediately no matter who says to wait because it's my butt on the line.

Weasel said...

As long as my ass won't get busted for it, I don't really care. Well, to a point. If this sort of shit starts affecting our My $hare bonus, I'll be on the warpath (and the cliffjumper) about it.

I just wonder how this woman got the frigging promotion. She barely does anything. I take three seconds too long opening up a register and I'm getting grilled for it. The stupid makes my brain hurt.