Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Doldrums

Since we've now hit the "midpoint" (so to speak) of summer and BotCon has long since passed, it has happened again.

I've hit the dreaded doldrums. I have almost no desire to blog. About anything. Even though there has been plenty of slag to blog about (just ask me how stupid work has been lately), I just can't get myself "in the mood" to even attempt to type. And it sucks. Royally.

Normally, this happens to me right after the convention: I come down from the high and realize that I have to go back to the real world. This year was different--I had the movie, along with the viral sites, to keep my spirits up.

But that only lasted for so long. Work has been wearing at me badly (massive stupid on so many different levels), I'm having a harder time dealing with the idiocy that I'm facing on a daily basis and I'm burned out. The weather hasn't exactly been stellar lately either, which only seems to bring me down further. (Waaaaaaaaay too many cloudy days for my taste. I need some more sun here!)

To be perfectly blunt, it's pretty much all downhill from here. And I know that.
It sucks. It really and truly sucks.

I'm going to try and post a bit more often. It'll entail kicking Prime off Alexa every now and again but hey. He'll deal with it. I'm thinking it may help improve my extremely lowered morale. It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it.

--Weasel, "It sure beats slamming my head into a wall."

2 comments:

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Did you hear about that guy who built a Bumblebee in his backyard? I was sure you'd have blogged about that by now. Me, I think it's photoshop trickery. It can't possibly be true, can it?

I know how you feel about blog doldrums. A lot of times I want to write just whatever pops in my head and then I'll sit down and the thoughts melt away or don't seem as good and nothing gets done. Then I'll go 10 days between posts and feel blog pressure. But writing for the sake of writing always comes out forced and I can tell when it reads like I'm trying too hard. I don't know why blog presssure exists. It's not like I get paid or have an intergalactic following. Blogs are funny things.

Weasel said...

It's a royal pain, isn't it? I'll have great ideas, but the second I sit in front of Alexa I can't write for slag. Writer's block blows.