Monday, July 06, 2009

I can't even think up a decent title, I'm so addled right now. It has not been a good day.

I was stuck on the GM side for most of the day. I also happened to be one of the only open non-self check-out register on that side. Needless to say, I was insanely busy. And it got worse during the last two hours of my shift.

Here's where I can't help but get pissed: every fricking time I'm on GM self-checks and there's two normal registers open, I'm being hounded to take customers on the self-checks. I'm supposed to help "keep the lines down". But when I'm the only damned register open on the GM side, I'm expected to fend for my damned self. No one goes heading over to self-checks, letting the attending cashier that they have to help keep my line managable.

Even worse? I had to pick up the slack for self-checks--the cashier was too busy socializing to notice the flashing red lights.

Pissed doesn't even begin to cover how I feel. And it ain't over yet. (Don't want to say what's going on, but I'll simply say that I'm so stressed right now that I could scream.)

What a wonderful week this is going to be.

--Weasel, "That light at the end of the tunnel? It's the headlamp from an on-coming train."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was the first time I've had the available energy to be angry about something at work...I did get pissed, but then sardonic contempt became operative and I enjoyed that more. I'm cultivating an attitude of doing the minimum and just looking busy instead.