Monday, February 22, 2010

100 Words

Yesterday had to be one of the stupidest days I have ever suffered through. I won't go into details about, for if I did this post would crack 10,000 words easily. Most of those words would be expletives. Suffice to say, it was a miserable day.

Things changed a bit when I got home.

Prime let me hop on Alexa for a bit. I spent a few minutes rifling through various and sundry sites that would put me in a slightly better mood, hit my YouTube account, picked some really good music and began to spot edit my project.

I spent about 45 minutes on it. I added a grand total of one hundred words. My current count is well over 17,000. One hundred words is a mere nothing.

It was only 45 minutes and a hundred words. Compare that to the eight hours I spent in hell. Again, what I did was a trifle.

But in that 45 minutes I actually felt like I accomplished something. It felt worthwhile.

I never have that feeling when I'm at my "work". All I feel while I'm on the clock at my job is a sense of frustration. I feel as if I'm wasting time, like I'm doing nothing.

I never feel that way when I write. When I write, I feel like I've actually done something. I enjoy that.

It's a good feeling. It's one that I could certainly get used to.

No comments: