Saturday, February 06, 2010

Exhaustion

If you've been wondering why I haven't been updating as frequently, it's really due to my job. As of late, all my days off have been split which has been hell on me and the blog alike. (I never feel rested when my days are split. It's as if I never leave the building.)

And you don't want to know just how bad the job has been lately. The sheer amount of stupid there has been driving me closer to the edge. The front end has gone downhill, in more ways than one. The shit that has happened could literally fill volumes.

But I'm tired of dealing with the shit. Very, very tired of dealing with the stupidity and bullshit that is my pathetic job.

What's helped me cope? Prime. And the fact that I'm writing. (Funny story--it seems Prime inadvertently read some of my writing. He liked it. Now I'm a bit torn: Should I take that as a compliment or should I smack him for reading my stuff without permission? Like I said, kinda torn on this one.) At the end of the day, those are a couple of the things that help me keep it together. Well, that and looking forward to BotCon.

I'm just so sick of it all.

--Weasel, "I swear to Primus, I just can't give a fuck anymore."


2 comments:

Methusalen said...

"Should I take that as a compliment or should I smack him for reading my stuff without permission?"

Why trouble yourself with choosing between the two, I say do BOTH! :D

But hey, give him a little credit for owning up to finding it, and giving you some honest feedback! NOW GET BACK TO WRITING!!!

Weasel said...

I nearly plotzed when he told me. I'm really protective of stuff I write; I don't like other people seeing it. 'Cause I usually say something like, "Well, it all totally sucks and I should do a better job."

Ever seen Whisper of the Heart? I'm kinda like Shizuku right now. I don't want to stop what I'm doing. I see work as a distraction to what I really need/want to do.

Wish me luck on this.