Wednesday, June 01, 2011

California Dreamin'

As I write this, I have "Unforgettable" stuck in my head. Heard it on the cab ride back to the hotel. Trust me, with everything that happened today, it's already been an unforgettable trip.

We didn't get off to such a great start; there was a slagload of road construction on our route and we hit it and hit it bad. At one point, we were at a slagging standstill with no one moving. By the time we got to the airport, we were pretty slagging late.

We parked, hopped a shuttle, printed our boarding passes and headed to security. Prime went through the body scanner; I did the pat down. It wasn't horrible and only took a few extra minutes, but when I got done, they were calling final boarding on our flight. Needless to say, we tore through the concourse and raced to our gate just in slagging time.

The flight itself was uneventful and we landed with no further problems. Once we got to LA, we hopped on the Super Shuttle and headed to our hotel. After a few hours of rest, I headed out and grabbed dinner for Prime and myself, then after dinner (and some PC time for Prime) we headed out to the Convention center and got in line to pick up our stuff.

We got to the Convention center and walked around a bit; I nearly freaked when I saw the huge banners proclaiming the Hall of Fame induction that would happen on Saturday night. Took a few pics, since they had last year's inductees and guess who was at the very top of the banner? You guessed it: 'twas Bumblebee. My baby got the top spot. Proud? You better believe it.

But it gets better. Oh boy, does it ever get better.

As we headed to the Convention center, we managed to get a peep inside. Prime and I could see vehicles inside. They were Optimus Prime and Ratchet. Seeing those two brought a smile to my face, but when we walked a little further and got a better look inside, my heart went straight into my throat.

Inside was a black GMC Topkick, a silver concept Corvette Stingray, and a yellow Camaro. A Camaro with black racing stripes on its roof. And a spoiler on the back.

Bumblebee. The real movie Bumblebee. In the Convention center.

Bumblebee is here. At the Convention. At BotCon. How many years has it been with me desperate to see him, to finally get the chance to actually be in the same room with him. And now I have that chance.

Bumblebee and I have... a history, if you will. When my life completely tanks and I want nothing more than to throw my head back and scream, Bumblebee shows up in some capacity. I've often said he's my guardian angel.

Considering everything that has happened over the past six or so months, how bad my life has been, how most days I've wanted to simply lay in bed and cry, the timing on this is perfect. My guardian angel comes through for me yet again.

Tomorrow, Prime and I will be in the Customization Class, where we'll be building our own Transformer figure. After that, I honestly don't know what we'll do. And I don't care. I'm at BotCon. Nothing else really matters now. I'm at the Convention.

I needed this. I really do.

--Weasel

EDIT: DA is now here. The festivities can begin in earnest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy have I needed this vacation, what with the many changes in my life since we last rendez-voused in Florida last June. And not only am I at Botcon with my friends, I'm also home in Los Angeles!:)

~daiAtlas