Thursday, June 02, 2011

Gettin' Schooled

I'm back at the hotel, watching TV and blogging. I'm slagging exhausted but I'm happy. Oh dear Primus, am I happy.

Got up around 7:30. Prime grabbed a shower, I got dressed and ready and we headed out to the Con center. Prime and I were both in the Customization Class, which was being held in the Convention hotel. We got there just in time, got our kits and started.

The figure we were building was Minerva. She's a cutie, trust me.

Prime worked on ours, while I acted as the go-fer and helped out in anyway possible. But after a bit, I had to get up and stretch my legs, so I wandered around a bit and snapped a few pics.

After grabbing some pictures, I went back and helped Prime a bit more; things went really smoothly and we were done pretty quick. Once we had finished, we helped Shawn clean up and hung out with him for a bit. Afterward, we headed down to the Convention center and got in line for the Club store. Man oh man, the line was freaking loooooooooooooong. But it happened to be a combination of people picking up their pre-reg packages and others like me and Prime who were buying from the Club store.

After a bit, the line was split and Prime and I hit the store. But before we headed into the Convention center, I spotted a pair of vehicles across the street. One was a white and red Toyota van sporting an Autobot sigil. The other was a Camaro, in bright yellow. Sporting black racing stripes.

He might have belonged to a fan, but another Bumblebee made an appearance. When Prime nabbed his place in line, I asked if I could go and snap a few shots of the two Autobots outside the Con center. Prime said yes, so I zipped outside and fairly wore out my camera taking pics.

Yeah, I'll post a few here, probably as a Friday Photoblog. But when I got back to the Club store, I was grinning like a fool. My inner child was jumping up and down screaming in delight.

It took a while for Prime and I to get our stuff, the line was a bit slow moving. But once we got our order done and paid for everything, we headed back to the hotel. I did a quick food run to Taco Bell and we've been relaxing ever since.

I am tired, due to lack of sleep and a bit of jet lag but I'm fine. I'm happy. I haven't felt this good for a very long time. I feel as if a really large weight has been lifted from me. I don't want that feeling to end and I don't want this, this convention, this escape from the drudgery of life in general to end either.

There are three more days left. I want to make them count.

--Weasel, trying to squeeze every last bit of fun out of this bit of awesome...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not even the fact that I lost my Visa card spoiled this vacation. Thank Primus someone had the decency to report this card to my carrier before fraud could occur.

Since I don't come to LA often, I had to go around the Southland and visit many old stomping grounds and eat at restaurants not available where I live. I decided to leave the picking up of my Con exclusives for tomorrow in lieu of tonight.:)

~daiAtlas