Friday, December 23, 2005

Boned for the Holidays

I am so fucking pissed off right now.

Seriously. Pissed. OFF.....!

The entire week has more or less sucked ass, but today was the coup de grace, so to speak. Here goes:

We were busy today. Insanely busy.

It was as if every resident in Northeastern Wisconsin woke up this morning, farted, then sat up screaming, "Holy fuck! Chri$tma$ comes in two days! I haven't gotten any gifts for Uncle Nancy and Aunt Bob!" So every resident in Northeastern Wisconsin jumped into their cars and went shopping. And every resident in Northeastern Wisconsin came to my fucking store.

What made things worse? I walked into the building early. I will never make that mistake again.

I clocked in 45 minutes early. One of the head cashiers told me that if I came in early, I would be able to leave early.

That wasn't the case. I left at 8:30, which was my scheduled time. (And there is a hilarious story involving that....!)

My register had a line of customers that was at least seven people long; it didn't thin out until 6:30. Because of that (and the idiot head cashier who never changed my schedule on the chart), I got every one of my breaks late. By at least thirty minutes. To top it all off, the Sow was being her normal overbearing self, so I had to fight the urge to strangle someone. Man, was I ever happier than hell when 8:30 rolled around. I shut down my lane, put my drawer together, dropped it and left.

Not five minutes after I clock out, one of the heads was calling me back to the podium. It appears whoever wrote my schedule down royally screwed up: they had written me down for 11:30 to 9:30. A ten hour day. The longest we are supposed to work is nine hours.

They wanted me back on my register. I had to tell them that A) I had checked my schedule yesterday and it had said I would leave at 8:30 and B) 11:30 to 9:30 would be a TEN HOUR DAY. I even counted it out to illustrate my point. Rather than admitting she was wrong, head cashier KS (the same dumb bitch that bawled me out for "being late" on my breaks) said, "Well, you dropped your drawer anyway. Just go."

Wow, how big of you. Can't even admit that you're wrong. Either that, or you're too goddamned retarded to know that you're wrong.

I sometimes think I'm the only person in that building that has a functioning brain.

--Weasel, not looking forward to tomorrow at all.

No comments: