Friday, December 02, 2005

Wake Me Up When December Ends

(My apologies to Green Day for "borrowing" one of their song titles.)

You know, with the way things are now, I say we skip straight to January 1. No one bitches and whines about a faux "war" over New Year's Day.

Apparently, Jerry Falwell and his ilk won't stfu over this supposed "war" on Chri$tma$. (If the site wants you to login, just hit up bugmenot.com to by-pass it.) But this little comment from said article really cracked me up:

"The renaming of Christmas trees to holiday trees is symbolic of what's happening with Christmas," Staver said. "When people seek to rename what otherwise is a secular symbol simply because of the name 'Christmas,' that shows the depths of political correctness run amok."

Excuse me, I'm sorry but... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (gasp...)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Guys, seriously, you need to read this.

You're reading that right. The "Christmas" tree has PAGAN origins! Ooopsie!! Many of the trappings of the holiday are Pagan, which is why there are certain Christians sects who refuse to celebrate the holiday. But leave it to the hypo-christians to conveniently forget about that. Or not bitch about the fact that their "holy day" has been whored out by all the major merchants, who use the "holiday" to fatten their pocketbooks.

Well, at least I'm not the only one who's sick of this crap. Nearly laughed my ass off when I read:

"Our nation's slogan should become: "In God We Trust and Shove Down Your Throats!" That'll show the Godless mud people who aren't like you and me that if you dare sneak into our country, we fully intend to shove a plastic Nativity Jesus down your various dirt-worshipping heathen throats."

Yeah! You tell 'em, Bob! If they don't conform, we'll force 'em!! YEAH! (snicker)

As far as the work front, it was a normal day. I'm doing my damnedest to stay the hell out of the Sow's way; it's working. Now, if only I can make it through another holiday season...

--Weasel, sick of it all

No comments: