Wednesday, June 04, 2008

SNAFU Redux

Yesterday I was on the GM self checks when I saw a former co-worker; I'll call her "Andrea". She was out shopping with her mother and just happened to stop at my store. I asked how she was doing and she said "Fine." I then asked her if she was still at the old hellhole.

She said no.

Apparently, Andrea was fired. By S.

It seems Andrea had to take a trip to the emergency room (as for what reason, she didn't say), but managed to get a doctor's excuse for the visit. Now, that doctor's note should have been enough to spare Andrea any work-related grief.

Yet it didn't.

Why?
Because S is a woman who lacks even the most basic forms of compassion.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to chat with Andrea as much as I'd have liked; she had to leave and I was on the clock. As she left, I wished her good luck. She said she would stop by again. When Andrea left, I couldn't help but shake my head.

Nothing's changed.

My old place of employment is still a fucking hellhole. S is still a heartless bitch.
Yep, I miss my old store, all right.


Actual picture of yours truly when I left my previous workplace on the last day before my transfer. Scary, isn't it?

No comments: