Tuesday, May 26, 2009

2

I'm here. At last, I am here.

Would've posted a lot sooner, but the last few days have been insane. Saturday was a "nerd's day out", so to speak; Prime and I hit the local comic shop and did a double feature. We finally saw both Wolverine and Star Trek. Both rocked, as you can imagine.

Sunday I had to work, which cut into our prep time. Still, I managed to get some slag done, which put us a bit ahead.

Monday was the killer. And I do mean killer.

Between the last minute packing, the last minute print outs, the last minute laundry, the last minute ATM run, and grabbing the last minute snacks, I could barely function. Even worse, my nerves started kicking in; trying to sleep wasn't very easy for me. But I managed to grab a few hours. (Prime sez: Oh, frickin' PLEASE. One bottle of Mike's Harder Cranberry Lemonade and you were down for the count, shuuuuut upppp.)

Today, we got up at around four this morning (ugh!) and prepared for our flight. After getting dressed, we finally got on the road around five-twenty.

Got to the airport at 7:45. After going through TSA, we got to our gate and boarded soon after. It was a rather long but very uneventful flight. Our airline had XM, which kept me quiet and occupied.

Got to LAX at about ten-thirty. After the shuttle ride, we got to our hotel.

I am tired. Really tired. I could probably crash out and take a nap right now, but I won't. I'll be heading to bed early tonight, since I'll have to be up at a ridiculous hour tomorrow morning. I'm going on a pre-BotCon tour to Universal Studios. Yes, I can hardly wait.

Let the fun begin!

--Weasel, "I'm tired, I'm hungry and I feel great."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

So? What happened today?

Weasel said...

Oh God, the tours. I have been walking so much in the past two days. My feet haven't hurt so much in my life, but I'm loving it. (And I spent a little cash, too. Gotta help the economy.)